Class Teacher - Mrs Hargreaves
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Louch
Lunchtime Supervisor - Miss Garbutt
PPA cover - Miss Crawford
Our Class is Saint Blaise
- Reading - Please read with your child regularly as this will help them with their fluency, comprehension and then help with their writing. Also that they bring their book on their designated day so it can be changed. Library day is a Friday so please bring their books so they can be changed.
- Swimming - The pop up pool is ready for use so all year 4's will be swimming daily for 6 weeks. Please ensure they bring swim wear, swimming cap, towel and goggles everyday. We are providing sliders and hooded robes to get to and from the pool. Swimming caps are available to purchase at the office for £5.
- PE - PE is on a Tuesday. Please can children come to school in navy or black shorts, leggings or joggers with a white T shirt and sweatshirt or zip up jacket. Also trainers that are suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Spellings - Spelling test is on a Friday and the new spellings are given out. Please encourage your child to learn their spelling.
- Flute - Lesson on a Thursday.
- After School Club - Monday for the boys and Wednesday for the girls.
- Times tables - Year 4 are required to sit a times table statutory test, week commencing 10th June 2024. Please encourage your child to go onto Times Tables Rock stars and practice. They all have their log ins but any problems please get in touch.
Maths - Place value, Addition and Subtraction, Area, Multiplication and Division
English - Character description on Rhodophis, Setting description on a volcano, Non-chronological report on animals, Dialogue text between Shrek and Donkey, Instructional text on, How to build a snowman and then Christmas poetry.
Science - Animals and their habitats and States of matter
History - Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece
Geography - Maps of the world and Europe and Earthquakes and volcanoes -plate tectonics.
RE - The Bible and Trust in God
PSHE - Me and my relationship and Valuing difference
French - Phonetics 1 and 2 and fruits and vegetables
Computing - Computing systems and networks - The Internet and Creating media
Art and DT - Abstract Art and Vegetable soup