Miss Coburn - Class Teacher
Mrs Robinson - Teaching Assistant
Miss Mitchell - PPA Cover
Miss Garbutt - Lunchtime Supervisor
- PE day is on a Thursday. Pupils will need to wear black or navy joggers, leggings or shorts, a white t-shirt and trainers.
- Recorder lessons will take place every Thursday morning.
- Reading books will be changed on your child's designated day which is written on the front of their book. Please read with your child as often as possible, as this will improve confidence and fluency.
- We aim to take the children to the library every Friday, so please ensure these are brought back so they can be changed.
- Every Monday, children will be given 10 new spellings which will be practiced in class daily. These will then be tested on the Friday.
Regular times tables practice will help children within their Maths lessons. These can be practiced on Times Table Rock stars, which all children have to access to through their own personal log in.
In Class 3, children should know the 2, 5 and 10 times tables confidently. By the end of the year, they should also be confident with 3, 4, and 8 times tables. Once these are secure, please support your child in learning the rest of the times tables, as this will help them when it comes to the statutory times tables test at the end of Year 4.
This half term in Maths, we will be looking at length and perimeter, fractions and mass and capacity.
We try to read with each child at least once a week, so please ensure reading books are brought back on their designated day. Once they have been read and brought back, they can then be changed. Please read with your child regularly and check for understanding of the text. This will support your child in their guided reading lessons.
This half term in English, we will be writing a horror story opening based on the book ' The Wolves in the Walls' and a travel brochure about Rome, which will link in with our new History topic on Romans.
Here's what we have been up to in Class 3: